Samir HusseinGetty Images
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are giving up their HRH titles, paying back the money that went into redoing Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, and figuring out a new life in Canada. This means, that outside of their charity work and ties to patronages, they have a pretty blank slate on which to start their lives.
When the couple originally announced their big news on January 8, many fans wondered if Meghan, who formerly appeared on Suits, would go back to her acting work. Additionally, fans who are obsessed with Netflix’s The Crown wondered how the show might tell the story of these events and if Meghan might come back to play herself.
That speculation might have sounded silly at first, but Netflix actually doesn’t think so. Per a report from the Daily Mail, Netflix’s chief content officer Ted Sarandos said that he would actually be interested in having the royals be part of the show.
“Who wouldn’t be interested?,” he said at the Producer’s Guild Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday. “Yes, sure.”
That answers does seem like a lovely hypothetical thought about this potential casting, but Sarandos is definitely not saying no.
At last year’s premiere of The Lion King in London, the royal couple pitched director Jon Favreau future voiceover work.
“Next time, anyone needs any extra voiceover work, we can make ourselves available,” Harry tells Favreau. Meghan followed up with a joke: “That’s really why we’re here: to pitch.”
That could have all been in good fun back then, but now, that might be a serious proposition for the royals planning a new life.